Welcome to The Kyle Line
The Website of the Friends of the Kyle Line
Friends of the Kyle Line
Saturday 17th January at 12 noon
If you are new to our website, we hope that you find the information useful. If you are a returning visitor, welcome back and we hope you like the changes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Kyle Line is one of the world's most scenic rail journeys. It goes from Inverness on the east coast of Scotland through to Kyle of Lochalsh on the west.
The views from the window are worth the fare alone but no matter where you are along its 80 miles, historic Scotland is only a few metres away.
The terminus at Kyle of Lochalsh is the crossing point for the Isle of Skye. Nowadays there is no ferry, however the bridge can be crossed on foot or by bus and is only a short distance from the station.
- We have an online shop where you can buy a range of books, DVDs, posters and other rail and locally related items.
- We also have a gallery of visitors' photographs. We hope you enjoy the images and encourage you to submit your own
- You also might find the useful links page useful!
- We now have a list of forthcoming special events.
The Friends of the Kyle Line
The Friends Of The Kyle Line was set up initially to save this historic railway from closure and its primary objective is to protect and ensure a future for Scotland's most scenic railway.
To this end we encourage both freight and passengers to use the network and work closely with the rail authorities in publicising the diverity of attractions along the lenth of the line.
To do this effectively we need financing and so if you are a business or private individual willing to gift something (no matter how small) to help us, go to the Donations page.
Some Images of the Kyle Line
Click on an image to see it larger.